Monday 2 June 2014

In a groove

Something has happened to me recently- in a good way. I have been creating with a regularity that hasn't happened to me in ages. After starting the Carla Sondheim exercise of drawing using ink in a eye dropper, I have been scribbling and scratching faces all over the place. It takes a lot (well, it takes me, anyway) to commit to drawing straight onto the page, but I have been using my big wallpaper sample journal with some very loose, quick backgrounds on as a starting point, then drawing on with a Stabilo All pencil. That way, I don't feel I have invested too much time and energy into a page if it all goes horribly wrong!
 
This one didn't quite go to plan - I've practised on the proportions of the human face, but not the body, as you can see. But, it doesn't matter, I think drawing is a bit like a musical instrument, it gets better with practice.
 
 
 
Back to my more usual style of journaling, I did this page in my mini moleskine. The digital images came from my stash. The honeycomb stencil is by Tim Holtz and the wire stamp is by Pam Carriker. Right, off to finish getting my June journal page ready.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit. It's always nice to know that someone has stopped by, and it would be lovely if you left a message!