Wednesday 8 December 2010

And finally.....


It has taken a while but here at last is my December page. This snowy weather is beautiful but goodness, doesn't everything take a long time! Living in this winter wonderland is a long cycle of getting dressed and undressed, drying wet clothes, trekking through either deep snow, or tip-toeing over sheet ice. Add children and animals into the mix and add at least another fifteen minutes!

The background is a mixture of Dylusions and Studioline paints, oversprayed with Dylusions mica sprays in the special edition Christmas colours. The tree is a Sizzix die cut out of Crafty Individuals Christmas paper cut up and glitter glued - after all it is Christmas! The stamp is from Stampotique.

Last Friday I had a first: I went snow shoeing! The trusty Beast (my car) ploughed through snow and over ice to reach the moor a mile or two outside our village. We then snow-shoed through snow which was at times above my knees (and I am 5'11). It was great fun and VERY tiring!






And this is what happens to a dog who has at times had to swim through snow it was so deep!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fantastic journal page, I absolutely love it. Gorgeous photos of the snow, hope it soon goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the calender page, the colours are great and so christmassy! The snow shoeing looks fab x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wohohho! That snow shoeing looks like tremendous fun! And all that white space (oooh, when I wrote that it made me think of Dina, hehehe!) anyway the white space looks beautiful and peaceful.
    Your December page is FABULOUS Sarah - love the 'Santa stakeout' words... x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your December pages are stunning and I love your snow shoes! Think they are a very good purchase at this time of year!

    Your dog looks so comfy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your December page! Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit. It's always nice to know that someone has stopped by, and it would be lovely if you left a message!