Thursday 4 February 2010

the next installment

I said that I had been busy over the Christmas period, and I have. I know some of you have felt that I have been TOO organised getting my monthly journal pages up to April ready, but I have just been fortunate enough to have some child free, guilt free time. As well as that, my little journal has seen some action, mainly because we have been through some fairly emotional times at home, so these pages reflect that:

The image is from itkupilli and the background is painted in Adirondack acrylic, partly covered in Tim Holtz Hard Candy and then the cracks highlighted in Frayed Burlap distress ink. The corner stamp is Tim Holtz too.
The next page is one I prepared a while ago, and was just waiting for inspiration. The images are from itkupilli again, and the text from an old novel (I still get a bit twitchy about cutting up books though). I used the Tim Holtz scratchy tool to distress the pages and Neocolour IIs and charcoal to 'bed in' .the images

1 comment:

  1. Would just like to say your blog is inspirational. I am trying to improve my journalling skills. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit. It's always nice to know that someone has stopped by, and it would be lovely if you left a message!